Famous Last Words: Procrastination Strikes Back
This is the last "Famous Last Words" blog assignment, and it's sad to see the class end honestly. This week I caught up on the last of the epic reading I missed earlier this semester, and I am really happy it worked out like that. I kind of wanted to watch Sita Sings the Blues too for an assignment, but it looks like I'll have to do that on my own time. I already started it and that's one reason why I am interested in watching it. I thought it to be funny and intriguing how there are three speakers in something that reminds me of a podcast talking about the epic from memory with intermittent songs with some unique animation. I didn't get that far, just past the introduction more or less, so I think maybe during finals week or after graduation would be a good time to finish it.
I didn't do a new writing assignment this week in any of my classes, but I did add last week (I think) to my portfolio story Out of the Steamer and Into The Fruit Bowl found here on my portfolio website. I don't think I talked about it last time, so I thought I would bring it up now 'cause I am kind of proud of it. I added roughly two paragraphs about Carl's plans and what had transpired from his point of view, providing what was, in my opinion, a nice sense of closure to a loose end.
Naturally being dead week, this week has felt more depressing than usual. Normally I'm worried about finish all of the homework I have and whatnot, but I didn't actually have that much to do this week. Instead, several of my classes decided to cover new material, which may or may not be on the final. My abstract algebra class covered an introduction to Galois Theory, which is actually kind of simple so that wasn't too bad. My Topology course, on the other hand, decided it was okay to cover Function Spaces and completeness of spaces. I have no idea if it will be on the final since it was the class' "one free topic", and coincidentally I had no idea what was going on (the proof of completeness, I mean - I do know what function spaces are) so that's two-for-one right there.
Next week? Well, it's finals week, and I have an 8 am final Monday morning, which I am definitely not looking forward to. Tuesday is free though, which is nice but at the cost of having two finals on Friday back-to-back. One of those two finals is Topology, so I at least have the entire week to study for it.
I didn't do a new writing assignment this week in any of my classes, but I did add last week (I think) to my portfolio story Out of the Steamer and Into The Fruit Bowl found here on my portfolio website. I don't think I talked about it last time, so I thought I would bring it up now 'cause I am kind of proud of it. I added roughly two paragraphs about Carl's plans and what had transpired from his point of view, providing what was, in my opinion, a nice sense of closure to a loose end.
Naturally being dead week, this week has felt more depressing than usual. Normally I'm worried about finish all of the homework I have and whatnot, but I didn't actually have that much to do this week. Instead, several of my classes decided to cover new material, which may or may not be on the final. My abstract algebra class covered an introduction to Galois Theory, which is actually kind of simple so that wasn't too bad. My Topology course, on the other hand, decided it was okay to cover Function Spaces and completeness of spaces. I have no idea if it will be on the final since it was the class' "one free topic", and coincidentally I had no idea what was going on (the proof of completeness, I mean - I do know what function spaces are) so that's two-for-one right there.
Next week? Well, it's finals week, and I have an 8 am final Monday morning, which I am definitely not looking forward to. Tuesday is free though, which is nice but at the cost of having two finals on Friday back-to-back. One of those two finals is Topology, so I at least have the entire week to study for it.
| It's always fun to google "Math images" and see what comes up. Sometimes it's simple stuff made to look complicated and pretty, other times it's totally the opposite. Source: Wikimedia |


Comments
Post a Comment