Learning Challenge: What Would Happen If You Didn't Sleep?
For this learning challenge, I decided to watch What Would Happen If You Didn't Sleep by Claudia Aguirre. It had a lot of interesting facts and examples about the consequences of sleep deprivation, a topic I find interesting as I often don't get much sleep. Something new I learned was that in the stages between wakefulness and REM sleep, apparently our body starts to rejuvenate, but more than that: our DNA starts to repair itself. I didn't know that, so that was interesting to hear. I obviously already knew a lot of the consequences of sleep deprivation as I've read many articles and watched many videos on sleep deprivation, so some points were rehashing, specifically those on waste products in the brain. The video also mentioned Adenosine a lot, so I am curious to look for more information on that chemical and its effect on our Brain. I can easily accomplish this by going to the Wikipedia article on Adenosine, or - better yet - just googling Adenosine and reading what comes up. Here's the video:


Comments
Post a Comment