Articles on Time Strategies
The Psychology of Checklists: Why Setting Small Goals Motivates Us to Accomplish Bigger Things
I particularly like this article because I actually already do some of the things it mentions. I read an article like this one a number of years back and decided to try the checklist thing out myself. Well, it's definitely helped in some senses, but I still have issues. For instance, my checklists help me stay organized with things like homework, projects, meetings, chores, etc. (almost literally everything, big or small) and ever since I've implemented a checklist system into my life I've stopped forgetting as many things as I used to. However, I find that even though I have things to do on my checklist, I still procrastinate heavily, or - this is far more likely - I choose to ignore certain tasks, saying to myself "I'll do those later," and instead focusing on other tasks I dread less or deem more fun. Still, I definitely recommend using a checklist system in your life.
I particularly like this article because I actually already do some of the things it mentions. I read an article like this one a number of years back and decided to try the checklist thing out myself. Well, it's definitely helped in some senses, but I still have issues. For instance, my checklists help me stay organized with things like homework, projects, meetings, chores, etc. (almost literally everything, big or small) and ever since I've implemented a checklist system into my life I've stopped forgetting as many things as I used to. However, I find that even though I have things to do on my checklist, I still procrastinate heavily, or - this is far more likely - I choose to ignore certain tasks, saying to myself "I'll do those later," and instead focusing on other tasks I dread less or deem more fun. Still, I definitely recommend using a checklist system in your life.
| Checklists are great! Image source: |
How to Build a Realistic Study Plant That You'll Actually Stick to
I think out of the few articles I read, this was the most helpful because I was thinking about how I might spend my time studying this semester. Last semester was a terrible fiasco of procrastination and lack of studying, so I had the idea I would allot more time in my schedule this semester for studying, that way I don't feel so unprepared. The article suggested specifically for essays that a student would break down their studying into chunks so they can spread out the work and not cram it all into one time period. I agree with this analysis and I find it's what professors suggest when they assign an essay. I also think I can implement this decomposition into other subjects too. However, it's easier said than done to implement such a change in scheduling, so I'll have to get back to everyone on how it goes.
I think out of the few articles I read, this was the most helpful because I was thinking about how I might spend my time studying this semester. Last semester was a terrible fiasco of procrastination and lack of studying, so I had the idea I would allot more time in my schedule this semester for studying, that way I don't feel so unprepared. The article suggested specifically for essays that a student would break down their studying into chunks so they can spread out the work and not cram it all into one time period. I agree with this analysis and I find it's what professors suggest when they assign an essay. I also think I can implement this decomposition into other subjects too. However, it's easier said than done to implement such a change in scheduling, so I'll have to get back to everyone on how it goes.


Comments
Post a Comment