Famous Last Words: A New Hope
Where to begin for this blog assignment... I suppose I can start with the suggested questions and go from there. The reading went really well this week, I got to catch up on some missed readings and I think I will start Sita Sings the Blues during dead week (and finish it, as I think it's only two assignments long). I didn't write anything of significance this week, but I did get to catch up on some portfolio and storybook projects I had commented on a long time ago. It was nice to see what they had been up to in their projects and to see how they were bringing things to a conclusion.
Things are going great so far in other classes. This last week was kind of stressful as I had a couple of midterms to take during the week, but I think they went really well actually. I was worried while I was studying for them, but when I went to take them I felt confident in the answers I provided. I haven't gotten any scores back, but I'm not worried that I bombed the tests at all, and that's a nice change of pace. I also had a project to work on in German class and my group and I are giving a small in-class presentation on Tuesday, but other than that this last week has been okay.
I also had a couple of significant events happen over this last week, in addition to midterms and the like. Saturday was my birthday, so I spent that whole day with my family, ate out at restaurants, went and saw Avengers: Endgame (oh lord), amongst other fun things. It was a really nice day too, weather-wise, though I prefer cold weather. I also got accepted into graduate school here at OU! So, after I graduate this semester, I'm starting my Ph.D. studies in math and that will probably take five+ years but I am definitely looking forward to it. I also was selected to receive a Graduate Teaching Assistantship, which comes with a nice couple of benefits while I am working on my PhD. They'll pay me a liveable stipend as well as waive all tuition (though not fees, so I still have to pay those) and in exchange I get to do things like maybe teach an introductory math class (e.g. college algebra, trigonometry, etc.) or grade papers, or both I'm honestly not sure what they'll have me do but it definitely sounds good to me. I was a teacher's aid in high school, so I already have some experience with tutoring and grading.
Things are going great so far in other classes. This last week was kind of stressful as I had a couple of midterms to take during the week, but I think they went really well actually. I was worried while I was studying for them, but when I went to take them I felt confident in the answers I provided. I haven't gotten any scores back, but I'm not worried that I bombed the tests at all, and that's a nice change of pace. I also had a project to work on in German class and my group and I are giving a small in-class presentation on Tuesday, but other than that this last week has been okay.
I also had a couple of significant events happen over this last week, in addition to midterms and the like. Saturday was my birthday, so I spent that whole day with my family, ate out at restaurants, went and saw Avengers: Endgame (oh lord), amongst other fun things. It was a really nice day too, weather-wise, though I prefer cold weather. I also got accepted into graduate school here at OU! So, after I graduate this semester, I'm starting my Ph.D. studies in math and that will probably take five+ years but I am definitely looking forward to it. I also was selected to receive a Graduate Teaching Assistantship, which comes with a nice couple of benefits while I am working on my PhD. They'll pay me a liveable stipend as well as waive all tuition (though not fees, so I still have to pay those) and in exchange I get to do things like maybe teach an introductory math class (e.g. college algebra, trigonometry, etc.) or grade papers, or both I'm honestly not sure what they'll have me do but it definitely sounds good to me. I was a teacher's aid in high school, so I already have some experience with tutoring and grading.
![]() |
| Physical Science Center here at OU. I practically live there already, definitely gonna officially move in when I begin graduate school. Source: Sage Ross on Flikr |



Comments
Post a Comment