Learning Challenge: OU Student Videos on Mental Health
For my learning by H.E.A.R.T. challenge, I watched three videos from OU students about mental health. Some of these were kind of hard to watch, but I felt like they had to be made as well. To some extent, I saw a bit of myself in a couple of the people in the videos. However, I don't think I suffer from depression per se, or at least I have never been diagnosed. An interesting factoid about my family: everyone in my immediate family struggles with mental illness, particularly with depression and anxiety disorders, yet I haven't had any serious indicators for which I feel a little blessed. The three videos I watched were "OU Students on Mental Health: Jeremiah Stinnett" which covered social anxiety, "OU Students on Mental Health: JD Baker" on depression and finding the strength to get through it, and lastly "OU Students on Mental Health: Cooper Lund" on depression. I think I might share the link to the series of videos with my family as I think they might be helpful to some extent at least. I think a lot of good points were touched upon in the videos, and I hope those who watched and suffer from mental illness got some comfort out of them. Here are the three videos embedded in the order I listed them:


Comments
Post a Comment