Growth Mindset: Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset
For this growth mindset challenge, I watched the video Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset by Sprouts. I thought this video gave some nice examples of a concept I have heard a lot about over the course of this class. The video covered the basics of people with a growth vs fixed mindset, giving some examples too. Some things I already knew from this video were the definitions of growth and fixed mindset. Something new I realized from the video would be how much I want to have a growth mindset. As in, I often switch between growth and fixed mindsets in daily life, but when I do that fantasy thing everyone seems to do where they plan to do something early or just imagine what life would be like if they had a little more time in their day I see myself having a growth mindset versus a fixed one. Something else I learned was there was a study that showed adopted children often had higher intelligence levels than nonadopted children, and it was because adoptive parents were often higher educated and were more nurturing, which gave some evidence that nurture triumphs over nature.


Comments
Post a Comment