Growth Mindset: Introduction to Learning Process
Actually, the first article I saw was the more interesting one to me. I read the slideshow Introduction to Learning Process by Hina Kaynat on SlideShare, found here. It held this image, which I thought was a nice, descriptive graphic about the learning process:
![]() |
| The Learning Process. Transcription.Source: Slideshare |
The slide show was about, well, the learning process. A small little side fact I learned from this slideshow was that there was apparently many definitions to the word learning. It's on slide 2 of the slideshow. Something else I learned came from the graphic found on slide 8. It details something dubbed "The Learning Pyramid," which has information on retention rates versus activity performed. It was actually super interesting to see it displayed visually. I always felt that I learned best when I was teaching others/working on something in a group versus material from lectures or reading, and apparently, I am not far off from the truth. What I am most curious to explore after this slideshow would be more information on Benjamin Bloom's three domains of learning. A large portion of the slideshow detailed examples of his domains used in learning, as well as a quick introduction to behaviorism. But I kind of want to know more about applications and studies done.



Comments
Post a Comment