Tech Tip: Text to voice

For this tech tip, I decided to download the text-to-voice extension called Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader. I have never used an extension like this, but I did find Microsoft Edge's text-to-voice software to be a fascinating addition to the browser. It's already built-in to the browser, and I used it a couple of times way back when it was first released just for fun. I usually read faster than the voice, though, so I didn't get too much use out of it. However, for reading, I like to use the audiobooks so I can listen to them in the background while I do something else or while I just sit and close my eyes. It makes for an interesting experience, so I decided to install it thinking I may use it on one of the epics I read in the class during this last week. I also used it to spell-check this post, and so I think it would be a useful tool for spell-checking stories too! My only complaint is that it seems to pronounce the phrase "so I" weird (more like psi, I'm not sure honestly).

Comments

Popular Posts