Reading Notes: Mahabharata, Epified, Part E

Episode 36: Subhadra Wins Over Draupadi by Epified
  • Arjun - Dave, the red banana (actually an apple), would be a great choice for Arjun. As my go-to main character, Dave has taken on many roles over the years and Arjun's would be an exciting new journey for this ridiculous little fruit.
  • Subhadra - I think Terensynthia, the peach, would be a great casting choice for this character in the Mahabharata. In this episode, Subhadra came home with Arjun, who was worried if she would be accepted by Draupadi as his wife. Arjun had Subhadra become a maid for Draupadi so that they could warm up to each other, and they did! Draupadi and Subhadra became what I would call best friends according to Epified - they talk about everything with each other for hours on end and Draupadi liked her a lot.
  • Draupadi - I think Carl, the instant ramen, would be a good choice for this character. Draupadi was kind of hard to cast, but I think Carl would work well as I could play on Carl and Dave's friendship as analogous to Draupadi and Arjun's relationship. I mean, Carl and Dave were already practically married anyway, having done literally everything together since they first met.
Episode 37: Birth of Abhimanyu by Epified
  • Arjun - Dave, the red banana (apple), would again be a good choice for this character, both attribute-wise and for continuity from the last episode. 
  • Subhadra - I still think Terensynthia, the peach, would be a good choice for Subhadra, though mostly for continuity. The main challenge I think would be somehow creating an analogous version of fruit children. It's easy to just say someone is someone else's parent, but how do I describe fruit pregnancy? The fruit themselves are the seed-carriers for the parent plant, and since we are dealing with fruits and not plants I'm in quite a pickle. But that leads me into my next character...
  • Abhimanyu - I struggled a lot with this choice of casting character because I had never written a character alike to this one's role in the story. Again, how do I describe fruit reproduction (obviously not in graphic detail, but characteristically, like pregnancy or little fruits)? Still, I decided to go with this old character from one of the first renditions I had of Dave's adventures: Jebidiah, the nectarine. Naturally, Nectarines are the closest I can get to an apple and peach hybrid offspring. Originally, Jeb was the adoptive brother of Dave and led a revolt against the Italian pasta regime, but I can somehow swindle him around as the son of Dave and Terensynthia.
A photo of nectarines. Image source: Rupert Kittinger-Sereinig from Pixabay.

Comments

Popular Posts