Famous Last Words: The Virulent Menace
I have almost nothing of note to add to this "famous last words" this week. This is mainly a result of the fact I have been sick. I missed over half the week this week, so of course, not much happened I suppose. I have no idea what I had either, and neither does my doctor. Had bloodwork done and everything just to make sure I wasn't going to drop dead from my mysterious fever. I did take an exam the day I got back in German, but I have got German so down it's not even funny (scored a 94, success!). I have been worried though because I did miss three class periods (Friday too) of my class called Abstract Algebra II, but luckily I have awesome friends that gave me notes I missed and also the work we're covering is field extensions which are pretty simple to me.
I think the best writing I did last week would be my week 13 story. I took the Mahabharata's tale of the Pandava Brothers' escape from the burning palace and encounter with the chief Rakshasa in the woods as the premise and then added a fruity twist. By that I mean all the characters were fruit and not human, and nor did it involve any vicious battle between Rakshasa and fruit. You can read it on my portfolio as well (which is an updated version) found here. I highly recommend reading the first part, though I did include a summary.
Naturally, because I missed class I also missed any events I planned on attending, namely a seminar by the math department. Regardless, I'll be busy this coming week from homework, midterms, and presentations. I'm giving a talk myself this Wednesday - nothing too special, just 5-10 minutes over algebras in an informal environment. I've been reading a little about them every week this semester, and it's been a lot of fun, but since I have a fear of public speaking I am also kind of anxious. I bet it'll go great though! Other math majors who have done something similar will be attending, so I'll be surrounded by undergrads like me interested in learning this kind of stuff.
I think the best writing I did last week would be my week 13 story. I took the Mahabharata's tale of the Pandava Brothers' escape from the burning palace and encounter with the chief Rakshasa in the woods as the premise and then added a fruity twist. By that I mean all the characters were fruit and not human, and nor did it involve any vicious battle between Rakshasa and fruit. You can read it on my portfolio as well (which is an updated version) found here. I highly recommend reading the first part, though I did include a summary.
Naturally, because I missed class I also missed any events I planned on attending, namely a seminar by the math department. Regardless, I'll be busy this coming week from homework, midterms, and presentations. I'm giving a talk myself this Wednesday - nothing too special, just 5-10 minutes over algebras in an informal environment. I've been reading a little about them every week this semester, and it's been a lot of fun, but since I have a fear of public speaking I am also kind of anxious. I bet it'll go great though! Other math majors who have done something similar will be attending, so I'll be surrounded by undergrads like me interested in learning this kind of stuff.
![]() |
| Look at this little dude. I bet he's having a great laugh at me. Source: Pixabay |



Comments
Post a Comment