Growth Mindset: Criteria for Thriving
The article I read was Scientist finds secret to thriving from The University of Portsmouth. The article discussed a more definite classification of what it actually takes for a person to thrive. There were many characteristics I thought felt naturally fit the description of thriving; I think it is relatively obvious that for a person to thrive they should be motivated and believe in themselves. I could also see that being trusted by coworkers, friends, etc. and optimistic could be requisites for a person to thrive, but there were some that took me by surprise. The article mentions that being spiritual, flexible, and have a high degree of autonomy could also be reasons for someone to thrive. I know spiritualism can definitely have a positive effect on one's life (potentially also a negative effect), but I hadn't thought that such a level of autonomy could also work. Personally, I prefer the middle ground where I have some autonomy but I get anxious if I have too much autonomy.



Comments
Post a Comment