Wikipedia Trail from Vishnu to Brahma
Vishnu
I decided to start my journey here, at the Wiki for Vishnu, the preserver. When I read the Percy Jackson series, I had consequently developed an interest in ancient deities. Naturally, I developed an interest in many of the more famous gods, such as Zeus and Hades, but also Shiva and Vishnu. That was many years ago, and I was too young to understand much of what I read, so I thought I would do some new research into them. The article on Vishnu led me to an article on the Trimurti.
Trimurti
I learned that the Trimurti are what I would call the Hindu Holy Trinity. Essentially, the Trimurti consists of three significant deities, Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu, who are the personification of "the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction." The three deities can take one form together, known as Dattatreya.
Shiva
From the article on the Trimurti, I was led to an article over Shiva, the destroyer. He is a principal deity of Hinduism, along with Brahma and Vishnu. According to Wikipedia, Shiva holds great power in manipulating the universe itself, "Shiva is the supreme being who creates, protects and transforms the universe."
Brahma
The articles on Vishnu and Shiva naturally lead me to one on Brahma. One of the three principal deities in the Trimurti, Brahma is the creator. He supposedly created the four Vedas, which I think are the religious texts of Hinduism (reading about the Vedas was relatively confusing, so take what I said with a grain of salt). A notable feature of Brahma is he has four faces, from which the four Vedas originated (one from each mouth).
I decided to start my journey here, at the Wiki for Vishnu, the preserver. When I read the Percy Jackson series, I had consequently developed an interest in ancient deities. Naturally, I developed an interest in many of the more famous gods, such as Zeus and Hades, but also Shiva and Vishnu. That was many years ago, and I was too young to understand much of what I read, so I thought I would do some new research into them. The article on Vishnu led me to an article on the Trimurti.
Trimurti
I learned that the Trimurti are what I would call the Hindu Holy Trinity. Essentially, the Trimurti consists of three significant deities, Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu, who are the personification of "the cosmic functions of creation, maintenance, and destruction." The three deities can take one form together, known as Dattatreya.
Shiva
From the article on the Trimurti, I was led to an article over Shiva, the destroyer. He is a principal deity of Hinduism, along with Brahma and Vishnu. According to Wikipedia, Shiva holds great power in manipulating the universe itself, "Shiva is the supreme being who creates, protects and transforms the universe."
Brahma
The articles on Vishnu and Shiva naturally lead me to one on Brahma. One of the three principal deities in the Trimurti, Brahma is the creator. He supposedly created the four Vedas, which I think are the religious texts of Hinduism (reading about the Vedas was relatively confusing, so take what I said with a grain of salt). A notable feature of Brahma is he has four faces, from which the four Vedas originated (one from each mouth).
![]() |
| The Trimurti at Ellora. Source: Wikimedia |



Comments
Post a Comment