Growth Mindset: The Surprising Habits of Original Thinkers

I watched Adam Grant's Ted Talk The Surprising Habits of Original Thinkers and I think he gave some interesting claims. Specifically, he claimed that there was a correlation between procrastination and creative thinking. It turns out, studies have shown that those who do the work early and those who are chronic procrastinators tend to be less creative than those who moderately procrastinate. He claims that because they procrastinate they are able to think about the task at hand indirectly so when they come back to it they have more and fresher ideas than they had originally, which was something new I had learned. He also had a lot to say about things like self-doubt and fear with these so-called original thinkers, much of which I already had suspicions of. Particularly, he said original thinkers may take the initiative more often but they have the same feelings of self-doubt and fear that things won't work out like everyone else. The main difference is that they don't let that stop them. I'm curious to learn more about connections between behavior and creative thinking, like the studies presented by Grant. He mentions a book he wrote on original thinkers - I could check that out and see what that has to offer.

thinking brainstorm business imagination leadership motivation solution success balloon bright competition creative creativity decision energy flying idea innovation inspiration intelligent light lightbulb man sky smart hot air balloon hot air ballooning illustration graphic design vehicle art cloud parachute
Creative thinking can help change the world! Source: Pxhere

Comments

Popular Posts